This tutorial will teach the users to setup & install brother printer ubuntu. The printer drivers for the Brother Printer are easily available in the Ubuntu operating system. Ubuntu is a highly popular Linux operating system. For more information, contact Brother Printer tech support at +1-800-910-1747.
The steps to install, setup & configure Brother Printer driver in Ubuntu are given below:
- First connect your Brother printer to your PC via a USB cable. After that, switch on your printer.
- Sometimes it is essential to add a scanner or printer to computer by application Printers method. Actually the application printer already has the printer driver, but first you have to signify the printer.
- Therefore use the search box in your menu to launch the application printers. It is available for all the versions of Ubuntu.
Click the Add button in the printers and performs the following steps offered by it. If there is some problem due to the non availability of Brother Printer driver in Ubuntu then do the steps given below. If you want to manually install the printer driver then it is not difficult. The Brother Printer has provided a Driver Install Tool for which they have provide a generic script for install. By using this tool you can install the drivers for printer as well as scanner.
The steps are given below:
- Visit the download section of the Brother Printer website. Here search for your printer model.
- From the “OS Family” you need to select Linux. For the version of the OS you need to choose Linux (deb). Now click on the search button.
- The next step is to download the linux-brprinter-installer. Save the file in a folder after the download.
- Launch a terminal window.
Now run the following commands:
- cd downloads && gunzip –v ~/Downloads/linux-brprinter*
- Press the enter button.
- Sudo bash ~/Downloads/linux-brprinter*
- Press enter and input your password.
- Now follow the tips given by the installer script.
- For example for a Brother printer DCP-7065DN, you need to type:
DCP-7065DN. Restart your computer.
Dial our toll-free number for quick online assistance for resolving technical issues relating to the brother printers. Our brother printer customer service is available for resolving technical issues of our customers. Please get in touch with our technical support team and will receive online remote technical help service for Canon printer support and Epson printer technical support at reasonable charges.