Brother Printer Network Setup is a printer that is connected to a computer network and can be accessed from many different computers. setup network printer on mac issue generally occurs while are trying make an attempt to add network printers and then it is found that they are not properly connected to Mac network and set to share printers. Another reason of this issue is due to compatibility problems and it happens when the printer device is not compatible with the operating system. The third most reason can be due to unable to detect the installed printer in the device. Below are steps to fix Brother printer network setup error with appropriate explanation of each of them
Connect to a wireless network
Printers with colour screens display step-by-step instructions for setting up the wireless connection when you first turn on the printer. They’re easy to follow, even if the screen is quite small and you’re not overwhelmed with information – you can only progress one step at a time.
If you don’t set up the wireless connection during the start-up process you can set it up later. Look for the wireless set-up ‘wizard’ within ‘wireless settings’ or ‘networking’ in the printer’s menu.
There’s more that one way of connecting to a wireless network, and you may be offered a few different options for setting up the connection.
Use the WPS pairing button
If your printer and router are both compatible with Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) this should be an option in the printer’s network menu.
If so, when prompted, all you need to do is press the WPS pairing button on your router and the corresponding button on the printer to wirelessly connect the printer to the network.
Prefer to speak to a Which? tech expert to help you with your query? Our friendly team are on hand to help you with one-to-one support. Click here to find out more.
This feature is mostly available on most printers and is very easy to use. You can use it if computer is already set up on your wi-fi network.
Select Wi-fi Auto-connect (it may have a different, but similar, name, depending on your model) and the printer looks at the network your computer is on and then uses this information to connect itself to the wi-fi network. It may take a minute to connect, but it quick and done with a press of a button.
Connecting using a network key or PIN
If your printer doesn’t have WPS, you’ll probably have to enter a ‘network key’ – a series of numbers and letters – into the printer using the function buttons and screen on the printer in order to establish the connection between your printer and router.
Provided you haven’t changed the password since, the network key will be in your router’s documentation, or on a label on the router.
Set up the connection on your PC
1. Click the Start button on your Windows PC, then click Control Panel then Devices and Printers.
2. Click Add a printer.
3. In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
How to connect to a network printer in Windows
Below are the steps required for connecting to a working printer on a network and print to it.
Connect network printer in Windows 10
- Turn on your printer and make sure it is connected to the network.
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on the Hardware and Sound link.
- Click on the Add a device link under Devices and Printers.
- Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected, select the printer and click Next. If the printer is not listed, click The printer that I want isn’t listed and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.
If you know the printer’s name, choose Select a shared printer by name and enter the path to the printer. For example, with a network named hope and a printer named hp, the network path would be: \\hope\hp.
If you do not know the printer’s path, but have the printer’s IP address, select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.
If during the install, Windows asks for drivers, point to the location of your printer drivers. If you do not have drivers, visit our printer drivers section to find links to all printer drivers.
Steps to troubleshoot Brother printer network setup error
Step 1: Following all guidelines appropriately
- The very first step is to enable the Printer sharing’ option in your system.
- So to enable this option one needs to go to the Control panel of the Windows operating system and then right click on the ‘Printers setting’ icon.
- Users will be presented with multiple options to choose from the sharing in the generated window. To easily work with the network printer in the local network, set an IP address for the printer. Get the proper information about the details of the Brother HL-2070N printer before you start setting up your network.
Step 2: Compatibility issues should be resolved
- The second most essential step is to ensure the compatibility issue of the Brother printer before you begin with the installation process. If you find that the system is unable to detect the printer then, one needs to make sure that the Bluetooth adapter is turned on completely.
- Now the next step is to remove viruses from the PC before you start the installation process of the printer driver.
- Now, ensure that all the cables and connectors are properly connected to the printer over network.
Related Blog: How to Setup & Install Brother Printer Driver in Ubuntu?
Connect to Brother Printer Support Number for all types of related queries
Call our technicians at Brother Printer Customer Support Number to help us solve your problems in fraction of seconds. We are backed by a team of exceptionally qualified technicians who holds sound knowledge in fixing up all types of Brother Printer technical faults by delivering the most suitable answers ever.