Sometimes, you may face Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable error in Windows, and your printer will stop working. You need to fix this issue instantly. So, if you are looking for a solution then you have come to the right place. This annoying problem is normally caused by an inappropriate or corrupt brother printer driver. The resolution method is pretty easy to fix. Go through these suggested steps and find a solution to your problem.
What does it mean when the driver is unavailable on a printer? Typically, this signifies that your printer’s driver may be missing or corrupt — and there are easy fixes to the problem.
What Causes Brother Printer Driver Unavailable
When you find that the Printer Driver is Unavailable, there are two common reasons that cause the problem. The first reason is wrong printer driver. It means that you install a printer driver that does not belong to the specific model you have. The second reason is that the out-dated version. How to fix it?
At times, a wrong installation of the driver or an incomplete update of the file also causes this error. But, you can comfortably eliminate this issue by performing some of the steps that we will discuss in the next segment.
How To Fix the issue of Brother Printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10
Brother Printer driver is unavailable means that the driver installed against your printer is either not compatible or is outdated. It may also mean that the driver is corrupt and the computer fails to recognize it. if your Brother printer has stopped working, and you’re seeing a Printer Driver is unavailable error in Windows 10, brother printer driver is unavailable windows 10 frustrating problem is usually caused by an incorrect or corrupt printer driver, and it should be pretty easy to fix.
Configure Your User Account Control (UAC) Settings
In Windows (10, 8 or 7), its User Account Control (UAC) notifies you before Windows changes anything that require administrator privileges. Change the UAC settings first so that during printer driver installation, UAC will not prevent you from installing the necessary components that your printer may require. To do that you:
- Login as Administrator or ensure you’re logged in as an administrator.
- Go to Control Panel. View it by Large icons or Small icons.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click on “Change User Account Control Settings”.
- Set the slider to the 3rd level near “Never Notify” or the 4th level “Never Notify” setting with Not recommended information.
- Click OK.
Uninstalling Printer Driver on Windows 10
If you are using a corrupted version of the Printer Driver or if the driver is out of date, then you will surely face the driver unavailable error on your computer. Hence, you need to uninstall the outdated driver. Following are some of the steps below to do so. One of the reasons why you may be getting the “Driver is unavailable” error could be that your system is out of date. It is, thus, recommended that you install the available Windows updates to fix the issue. Here’s how:
The Driver is unavailable error can be caused by a corrupted or incompatible Brother printer driver. So, you should uninstall the Brother printer driver and then reinstall it again. Here are some steps that we have provided:
- Press the Win + R buttons together to launch the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Device Manager window, locate and select the Print queues section to expand.
- Find the Brother Printer Driver, right-click on it and then choose the Uninstall device option.
- After uninstalling the driver, reboot the PC and then reinstall it.
- To reinstall it, visit the printer’s official website and download the latest version of the printer driver.
- After downloading the driver, install it correctly.
- Once the driver is installed, restart the device and then check if the error is solved or not.
Reinstall your printer driver
A corrupt or incompatible driver is the most likely cause of the driver unavailable error. It’s also the easiest problem to fix. You just uninstall your current driver, then install the most up-to-date correct driver.
If you are still getting the “Driver is unavailable” error, a missing or corrupted driver is the most probable reason behind the problem. Thus, uninstalling your current driver and installing a new printer driver instead should help you get rid of the error. Here’s how to proceed:
- Download proper drivers and store them on your local storage.
- Disable the internet connection temporarily.
- Open Device Manager, expand Printer queues and uninstall the device. Do not restart your PC.
- Now, right-click on the driver setup you’ve downloaded from the official manufacturer’s website. Open Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- From the “Run this program in Compatibility mode” drop-down menu, choose previous versions of Windows.
- Confirm changes and run the driver installer.
- After the installation is complete, restart your Printer.
If your printer is plug-and-play, the process is much easier. In this case, you will need to:
- Unplug or disconnect your printer from your PC.
- Connect it again and follow the instructions outlined in the wizard.
If the wizard does not appear:
- Go to Start>Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Select Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for the system to detect your printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Finally, we recommend that you have a reliable anti-malware program installed on your PC — like Auslogics Anti-Malware. The software will detect and get rid of malicious items on your PC, preventing this and other errors from occurring.
Update the Operating System
An outdated version of the Operating System can easily be the cause of the “Driver is unavailable” error. Therefore, you should be able to fix this by updating the system. Hence the following steps will help you:
- Hit the Windows Home key and then click on the Settings icon.
- From the Settings window, go to the Update & Security section and then select the Update tab on the left panel.
- In the Update tab, click on the Check for updates option for the available updates.
- If any updates are available, then you will get an option Update, click on it.
- After completing the update process, the device will automatically restart.
We hope the above-mentioned solutions should help you to eliminate the Brother printer “Driver is unavailable “ error without any hassle. So, you can follow the solutions listed above for an easy and quick fix.
Contact +1-888-405-0090 Printer Authorized Support
Our blog here covers all the methods which can fix the printer driver unavailable Windows 10 problem. Still if your problem is not solved then you need expert guidance. What can be a better place than official printer support. Click on the link given here to get authorized expert support