If you are having print quality issues or are experiencing printhead error messages, then you may have been crushed by a printhead problem affecting a limited number of Lexmark devices. To Fix Lexmark pro 800 900 Printhead Error is a really simple process for users, if they encountered such type of problem, by applying the Lexmark printer troubleshooting methods or steps, as suggested by the Lexmark tech support team. So, you can efficiently solve this Lexmark pro800 Printhead Error by putting on the few methods that are given below to get rid of this circumstance easily.
Methods to Fix Lexmark pro 800 900 Printhead Error
There are two troubleshooting guide options if you encounter Lexmark pro800 Printhead Error, to fix it quickly.
Method 1:-Clean the Printhead
To do this, perform the steps below:-
Step 1:- Go to “Replace Printhead” in the Menu on the Lexmark Printer
First of all, you need to go to “Replace Printhead” in the menu on the Lexmark Printer.
For touchscreen-capable models:-
- First, touch Ink Level Icons (lower right corner).
- Then press “More Options”.
- Next, scroll menu down to “Replace Printhead”.
For all other models:-
- Press “Wrench” (setup/tool) button.
- Then, scroll to “Maintenance Menu”.
- Next, check “OK” button.
- Then scroll to “Replace Printhead” option.
- Check “OK” button.
Step 2:- Open the Lexmark Printer and Lift the Latch
Then you will need to open the Lexmark printer and lift the latch.
Note: You will necessity to press the front part of the carrier to release the latch. Your printer may not look exactly like the image above, but the printhead removal steps should be similar.
Step 3:- Lift the Printhead Out of the Lexmark Printer
Lift the printhead out of the printer carrier.
Step 4:- Clean the Contacts on the Printhead
Clean the contacts on the printhead carrier. This is the frame (and associated contacts) within the printer itself, from which you just removed the printhead.
Step 5:- Wipe the Printhead Contacts
The next step you will need to wipe the printhead contacts, you can do it by using a clean, lint-free cloth.
Note: – You will have to be very careful when this step does, ensure you don’t have a need to touch the ink nozzles and especially DO NOT WIPE them.
Step 6:- Firmly re-insert the Printhead
Then you will need to firmly re-insert the Printhead, and then close the latch until it clicks.
Note: Make sure you press down and back on the Printhead after you have latched it in to make certain that it is tight.
Step 7:- Close the Cover
- Last, you need to do to lower the latch and close the cover.
- Try to do your task, and observe the error is removed.
If removing and reinserting the printhead does not resolve the error, then proceed to method 2.
Method 2:- Firmware Update
It is recommended to update the printer firmware to the latest version, if not 11-25-10 or greater.
To do this, follow these steps:-
- First, download the latest printer firmware via going to the Lexmark Support website.
- Then, enter your printer model in the “What is your product?” field, then click “Submit” button.
- Next, download the latest printer firmware according to your printer. For Laser devices and Inkjet devices, there will be various firmware option display.
- Follow the download process, by clicking on the “Download” button, and then save the file on your desktop.
- After downloading open the save file & run (or Open for .zip content) the file.
- Once you have the latest firmware downloaded, you should go to work again.
The Lexmark Pro800 Printhead Error should be removed.
In case, the error still persists or if you are having difficulties performing the update, then please connect to our Lexmark service center for immediate help.
Call Lexmark Customer Care Number +1-888-877-0901 for Help:-
We are renowned Lexmark support service providers who are happy help customer’s in explaining the finest solutions of complicated issues faced by them while working with the printer. Our Lexmark printer service number +1-888-877-0901 is accessible 24*7 hours with trustworthy service solutions being delivered to users. A team of well-qualified and certified technicians helps you in fixing any kind of Lexmark printer technical issues or errors, with the optimized answers within a defined timeline. Hence, call to our experts now at calling on a toll-free number to solve Lexmark printer queries faster.