This is a typical Device Manager error. It indicates information missing to properly configure your device. Error code 35 is usually displayed in the following format:
“Your computer’s system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. Code 35”
The error message 30, 33, 34 or 35 in the Brother printer is caused due to the failure of the print-head to return to its home position to the far right of the unit and both of the springs located on each side of the carriage is out of place. According to the Brother Printer Support team, the error is the reason of the cartridge covers that may not have been locked securely in place.
How to Fix Error Code 35?
Below is the list of the most effective and easy to perform solutions to resolve error code 35 on your PC. These solutions do not require any technical knowledge or understanding. Simply follow the instructions to resolve this error code.
Method 1 – Update the BIOS
BIOS (Basic Input/output System) is the embedded software on computer’s motherboard.
Though not all PCs have the same BIOS manufacturer, but the steps for updating the BIOS are similar for all versions.
Before you get started with the updating process, first identify your current BIOS version.
- For this, go to the start menu and type msinfo32 and press enter.
- Now click System Summary to view your BIOS version. Here you will see the version number and date.
- Now check your PC motherboard manufacturer’s website to download the BIOS update for the model you own. Also download any Read Me Files and documentation. These contain guidelines and precautions that you should know before you update.
- Backup all your data and existing BIOS before you update the BIOS version. This will keep your data protected in case the attempt to update BIOS fails.
- Also, when updating, make sure to use an uninterruptible power supply. Remember power outage or even a small power fluctuation can corrupt the BIOS which is something you don’t want.
- Now it’s time to perform the update. Run the downloaded installer for the BIOS updating software. Double click on the executable file.
- Look for a button names Update, Flash or Run.
- Click on it to start updating the new version
- After the update is complete, your computer will restart automatically.
This will hopefully resolve the problem. However, if the error still persists then there is a possibility that the error code is related to outdated drivers. To resolve, try method 2.
Method 2 – Download Driver Assist to Update Drivers Automatically
Update drivers to repair error code 35 on your PC by simply downloading Driver Assist. This is a cutting-edge program deployed with an intelligent programming system.
It is compatible with all Windows versions including Windows 7, 8, XP and Vista.
Steps to troubleshoot the Brother Inkjet printer error 30, 33, 34 or 35:
Step 1: INK button
- Press the “INK” button which can be found in the “Control Panel” easily.
Step2: Using the dial pad
- According to expert team of Brother Printer Technical Support guidance, by using the dial pad, you need to tap on the “press 2 (Replace Ink)” which will prompt you to display the “PLS OPEN COVER” message.
Step3: Scanner Cover release
- Pull up the “Scanner Cover release” lever option which is located under the Control Panel and lift the Scanner cover up carefully.
- This carriage will further move to the left side in order to replace the ink.
- If the carriage seems not to move to the left side then the machine needs to go for a service.
Step4: Working with the “silver springs”
- After the carriage has easily moved to the left, you need to press down each cartridge cover and then remove all ink cartridges from the printer carefully.
- You will get to see two springs that are located on each side of the carriage to hold the print head easily against the carriage assembly. They are known as thin silver springs approximately 2 1/2 inches and then set it towards an angle.
- If the spring is completely out of place then simply press the spring back into its original place.
- A user can easily use the spring which is located just on the opposite side of the carriage to place it in the correct position.
Step5: Reinstalling the ink cartridge
- If the spring is in proper place, then reinstall each of the ink cartridge carefully.
Step6: Working with the Brother printer covers
- After installation of the ink cartridge is completed, you need to carefully close the covers and verify their security with purpose of locking.
- The Brother printer will then prepare for a head cleaning and will go online.
- The LCD screen of the Brother printer will prompt users to verify whether the new ink cartridge was inserted for each color which you removed or not.
Resolve your issues realted to Brother Inkjet Printer supprt by placing a call @ +1-844-997-0355 and get issues resolved immediately and instantly. The technicians will assist you in right direction for the occured error and solev your issues as soon as possible with maintaining the system data privacy as to keep it secure from any kind of illegal interfernce